Saturday, February 15, 2014

You little bounder

On Wednesday night and Thursday during the day we got the biggest snow storm we've had since Snowmageddon back in 2010.

I don't know what it is about snow days, but every day we're snowed in I feel compelled to eat about 20,000 calories per day.  On Thursday I ate a whole family-sized bag of white cheddar popcorn.  By myself.  And on Friday I ate half a bowl of dark chocolate caramel fondue.  Oh.  My aching stomach. My wounded pride.

We woke up Thursday morning to 15 inches of sparkling powder.  Bear was in heaven - even if it took him a few minutes to get the hang of bouncing around in it.  A few more inches and he would have had to tunnel his way around the yard.

Snow days are simultaneously better and worse with a dog.  It's so much fun to run around with him and watch him enjoy it, but when we have to bring him in he's a total disaster.  The snow sticks to him in big clumps all over his chest and legs.  We have to put him directly into a warm bath to thaw him out.  If we don't, he takes about two hours to completely thaw and dry.  It's quite the process to go through every time he wants to go outside to play, but it's hard to say no when he's just so joyful about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment