Friday, June 29, 2012

Heineous Heat

It's 103 degrees (feels like 111 degrees) in the District right now and I positively feel like I'm going to melt everytime I go outside.  In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have worn a silk shirt today - even a short-sleeved one- because I was basically drenched in sweat after my five minute walk to the metro AT 8:30 IN THE MORNING.

I keep having to look back and my pictures from the spring to remind myself why anyone ever decides to live here.  Sure, there are lots of jobs, but is it worth it if you practically drip into a puddle everytime you go outside during late June through August?

Sigh.

At least I can console myself with the knowledge that I'm heading here tomorrow:



Pebble Beach.  Land of the perpetual 65 degree day.  The forecast for the next week is low sixties...jackets and jeans?  I think I can do that!

Now if we can just get Blake to vanquish his 103 degree fever (he woke up in the night in total pain and completely burning up) we'll be in business.  Cross your fingers for my Blake's switft, travel-enabling recovery, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment