Thursday, September 6, 2012

Madly in Love

There's a street preacher between Union Station and my office who is loud and full of important proclamations to the world.  He'll cast out your demons. He'll bless you and your family.  He'll proclaim your past and your future.  All for the price of holding your hand...and a small donation of course.

Usually he's bellowing out hell and brimstone. Or he's praising Jesus: holding someones hand with eyes downcast in mutual prayer.  But yesterday was different.  Yesterday's prayer was my favorite. 

He was holding a woman's hand. Eye's downcast in the usual fashion.  Swaying a bit to his chanting. Ignoring the sagging pants and growing plumbers crack creeping down his backside.

And I bless you....praise him...praise him...mmmhmmm...I bless you...to fall MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME. 

I wonder if she had to "donate" extra for that?

1 comment:

  1. I need to hurry and visit you while this man is still alive and preaching in your area.

    ReplyDelete