Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lost Shanna

On Monday night we had to park our car two blocks away where no permit is required. So we wouldn't get towed, you know? On our walk back to the house we passed a flyer on a telephone pole that said "Lost Shanna" with a picture of a fluffy white dog. I was reading the flyer as I walked by and saw the picture of the dog, so I was expecting it to say "Lost Dog," so when I read it out loud, it came out like "Lost ... Shanna?"

I got a kick out of it because it sounded like someone had lost a person...that or an infomercial about how to get your Lost Shanna back in action...

Anyhow.

Today is a good day.

Blake has the day off (federal holiday on a Wednesday..hmmm), so he spent an hour on the phone with Verizon and they are going to come install the Internet at our place on Saturday. Sure, the block of time they gave us is 8:00 - 5:00 --essentially confining us for all of the usable errand-running time -- but it's better than the alternatives.

The alternatives being:

a. Not coming at all (see last post).
b. Coming on December 7 (the quote earliest date they could come).
c. Monday between 8:00 and 5:00 (after much wrangling, the next earliest date they could come).

I've missed the Internet and the ability to post pictures of our house and house projects on my new blog. I've missed updating this blog. I've missed not living in the stone age. I'm suffering from pre-missing the Office and 30 Rock on Thursday. Alas. What was life like before FIOS?

Today is also a good day because:

1. It was the wellness fair today at work. I got a free 10-minute massage. I am now feeling loosey-goosey and quite pleasant. I am also wondering how I can work that into my work schedule more often. Oh wait, I'm not rich. Nevermind.

2. The bar stools I ordered arrived at Blake's parents' house. Blake is chivalrously going to pick them up for me. I can't wait to see them. They are Pottery Barn look-alikes for a quarter of the price. Thank you allbarstools.com.

3. When I get off work I get to go home to Blake.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see pics of your new house! What's this new blog?

    We aren't going to UT for Thanksgiving, are you? Half of Casey's family is coming to see us though!

    ReplyDelete