Thursday, March 6, 2014

More Eatin'

I've been slacking this week because of the snow day and because we're traveling for a long weekend,  which means frozen pizzas, quesadillas and bagels.  But here's what we ate last week.

Monday
Tortellini pepperoni salad
Steamed broccoli

Verdict: The tortellini salad was yummy, but if you're looking for a healthy meal, this probably isn't it.


Tuesday
Minted orzo salad with feta and chickpeas
Fruit

Verdict:  This was so fresh-tasting and delicious.  It's the sort of meal I could make once a week and eat every day for lunch.  I think I accidentally doubled the recipe and we had tons of leftovers, which was great.  You can eat it warm or cold.

Wednesday
Baked asian salmon
Rice
Salad

No recipe here.  I just mix up soy sauce, spicy pepper paste and brown sugar to marinate a salmon filet. Then I bake it at 375 for 40 mins.  Always a crowd pleaser.

Thursday
Balsamic salmon pasta
Salad

Again, no recipe here, but an old favorite.  I marinate a salmon filet in balsamic, garlic and bake with lemon slices.  Then I flake the salmon and mix it in with pasta, feta, kalamata olives, red onions, broccoli and balsamic dressing.  Easy, healthy and delicious.  Can also be served hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment