Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Baked and Fried


You'd think that Corporate America (yes, it deserves capitalization) would make it easy on the average consumer to spend a fortune.  They want you to throw money at them, right?  Well, it turns out that our range purchase made it next-to-impossible to spend.  Because of size limitations and an old house, we kept striking out on the slide-in ranges we originally planned to buy. 

We ended up with another stand alone range (not my first choice), but I'm pretty happy with it.  It's got a massive baking capacity and an induction cook top, which makes my food-loving heart go pitter-patter. 

It took some finagling, and some pushy phone calls with Sears to get it leveled, but it's now a part of the family.  It's nice to finally have all of the appliances matching...but it's making me re-think the clock and the utensil holder.  There's entirely too much stainless steel going on right now. 

Where was I?

Now that I'm through with crock pot and electric griddle meals for the foreseeable future, you know where to find me: gleefully baking in front of this beauty.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful stove. I bet you are making lots of delicious things in it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! I've loved having a range again...it's even gotten me to be more adventurous with my cooking :)

      Delete