Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

I've really not got much to report.  No funny stories.  No dead family members of any current contractors.  No angry homeless people throwing drinks at me.  Nothing.

My life lately has been consumed with work, friends, family and drywall dust.  Tony, our favorite contractor, started in on our basement renovation on Monday morning at the bright (read: gloomy/fatigued) early hour of 7:00. 

Blake spent four hours (and, well, I won't even tell you how much money) with Tony at Home Depot while I cleaned the other two floors of our house and did the much-needed grocery shopping.  Then, are you ready for it, we went back to Home Depot again that afternoon to spend even more money.  We also made stops at Best Buy and Target.  Why is it that every budgeted renovation ends up making you hemorrhage cash?

Anyhow, the day was completely exhausting and I have now sworn off shopping for the rest of my life. 

Oh the drama.  Ok, not the rest of my life, maybe just the rest of the month.  I'm sure I'll regret that statement, so lucky for me it's the shortest month of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment