Friday, November 11, 2011

My Secrets

Here's a secret that I'm ashamed of and proud to admit at the same time (kind of like my need to trim my eyebrows on a weekly basis): I am sometimes too cheap even for flea markets.

There.  It's out in the open. 

Take these vintage pool balls, for example:


I took this photo at the Brooklyn Flea a couple weeks ago.  I've been looking for something to put in these glass lamps for a while now.  I wanted something that would add color and visual interested to our mostly muted bedroom.  Vintage pool balls seem like just the thing.  I was hoping to take them home with me until the scraggly, bespectacled hipster running the booth told me the price: $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00. 

Picture my triumphant smile turning instantly into a frown.

I left without them.  But never fear, I found a large supply of vintage pool balls on ebay.  The best part is that they're $9.99 for an entire set.  That's like 1000% cheaper than at The Flea. (Pardon my math.  I exaggerate when I'm excited about home decor.  You can ask Blake.)

So that's my secret. It pays to be cheaper than a flea market.  It also pays to keep my eyebrows trimmed (so I don't look like this guy) - but that's a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment