Monday, January 24, 2011

A Joy Beyond Measure

It's Monday.  But, unlike most Mondays, I have very little to complain about.

One of the assistant deans from my office left the office (permanently) and I've commandeered her ergonomic chair. It's made a world of difference to my back and has helped my Monday outlook significantly.  Now I can truly say sitting down is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of Kim having left. 

Ok, so that may be a bit overdramatic, but I'm not kidding, this chair has changed my life.  I'm going to have to do some serious lobbying to keep this chair when we find Kim's replacement.

2 comments:

  1. we go through a chair swap at our office every time someone leaves. the poor new guy always have to suffer for a few months until the opportunity arises, but when it does, it is joyous for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now I can truly say sitting down is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of Kim having left."

    Your witty lines never fail to make me laugh. Too funny.

    We just did some shuffling around of offices at my work and I was pretty excited to get to move into my boss' old office. One, because I could tell my family that after a month I got to take over my boss' desk (ok, so not exaaactly), and two, now I get a nice big window. A fancier chair would be a good perk, though.

    ReplyDelete