Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bear

So what.  Work's been crazy, church overwhelming, and my identity was stolen over the weekend.  It's all made better by the fact that I have this to look forward to:

 
 
That's right! Blake and I are getting a dog! 
 
Not that exact one, but one just like it (from the same breeder).  It's a mini sheepadoodle (cross between a Poodle and an Old English Sheepdog).  He/she will be about 40 pounds full grown. 
 
We're on the waiting list to get one this summer and we can hardly contain our excitement.  Sheepadoodles are supposed to be the ultimate family dog (this is not an announcement of any kind) and they love kids and other dogs.  They're also supposed to be very easy to train.  Perfect!
 
This weekend we celebrated by going to Petco to look at what we'll be having to spend on all the supplies.  More importantly, we purchased a dog tag and had it engraved with his/her name: Bear.  Thanks to their nubby tails and fluffy hair, we think these little guys look exactly like baby bears. 
 
I'm not ashamed to admit that I've had trouble sleeping lately because I am just so excited.  Who wouldn't love coming home to a face like that every day?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that dog is SO cute, I see why you are so excited. I've never really wanted a dog but I think it's inevitable since everyone else in my household does. Seeing this puppy makes me want to go out and get one. I can't wait to hear about yours when you get him/her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think he's pretty darling, too. And the best part - no shedding! I've been calling it the Yuppy Puppy...hehe.

      Delete