Thursday, January 3, 2013

A channel for all ages.

In the weeks since I last posted, we've been busy celebrating the season, vacationing and relaxing.  We had our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party (our biggest yet!), celebrated Christmas early with Blake's family, flew to Utah to spend Christmas with my family, enjoyed 18 inches of powdery Utah snow, flew back to DC to cold grey weather, and lazily rang in the new year with friends.

But, before I get to all that...

Last night while we were watching TV, Blake and I saw several commercials for Life Alert and a handful more for the Hurry Cane (the all-terrain cane, of course!).  All of this during the prime-time hours.  It was at this point that we realized that we were watching the travel channel.  I guess we're not quite the demographic that's usually watching the travel channel at 8:30 p.m. on a Wednesday.  What can I say, Baggage Battles is oddly captivating.

Also, as our vacation came to a close, Blake and I decided that playing is more fulfilling than working.  The Travel Channel (and HGTV) have convinced us that to get the most out of life we need to quit our jobs and become real estate moguls.  So, if anyone knows of any real estate that currently needs moguling, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment