Friday, October 21, 2011

At the week's end.

It's been a really long week. In fact, it's been a really long month. The good news is that I only have 2 weeks left of working 2 jobs.  Dominique brought her baby (Dominic) in to the office yesterday to show him off.  He is darling.  So darling, in fact, that it almost makes me want to tell Dominique that she should take more time to be at home with him.  I said almost.  I'm not a masochist.  So, I'm counting down the days and hours until she returns and I'm back to one boss and one list of things to do.

I posted the below photo on instagram earlier this week with the caption "My office - a great physical representation of my current mental state."  And it truly is.  I've never felt so jumbled.

Not even chocolate cake for breakfast, pizza for lunch and a diet coke all day in between are doing it for me anymore. I'm in sore need of a relaxing weekend away from this place.

Thank goodness we get to have a weekend play date with Lucy while Rob and Whitney are out of town.  We are looking forward to walks in the park and pretending that we have our very own doodle.  You can't tell me that her face doesn't make all your stress melt away:

(Photo from Whitney's lovely blog.)

2 comments:

  1. What a nice de-stressor. Have fun with that cute face! Also, I can't imagine anyone more able to tackle piles like that than you! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Not even chocolate cake for breakfast, pizza for lunch and a diet coke all day in between are doing it for me anymore."

    It's lines like this that crack me up and make me LOVE your blog!

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete