Thursday, May 20, 2010

O Frabjous Day!

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.' -- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass


Have I mentioned that I want to be Lewis Carroll when I grow up?


Blake gave me this cloth bound copy of the book as an "end of the semester" celebration gift.
I love it. I mean, how could you not, it's covered in pink flamingos. And it's one of my favorites. It also adds pizazz to my growing collection of cloth bound books...and is a good reminder that you can get away with making up all sorts of words if you do it with authority.
Well, I'm great at making up (accidentally?) incomprehensible words, but I just need to work on the whole "with authority" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment