Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Truth

I'm re-reading "A Moveable Feast" by Hemmingway --one of my all-time favorites. He talks about writers block and how to progress in your writing. He says that one needs only to write one true sentence, the truest sentence that one knows, and the rest will follow.

The best writing is truth, and if you can nail down even one sentence of truth then you can feel no shame in what you have written.

Here is my truth, the one thing that I know for sure: I love Blake, and we're getting married, and I'm incredibly happy. The rest will undoubtedly follow.

7 comments:

  1. Rachel I am so excited for you!!!!

    I love that you're in love.

    YAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! I'm excited too! Leave me your address one of these times (or send it to me if you're worried about people seeing it on here and stalking you...) and I'll send you and invitation when we get around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful truth! I'm so so happy for you - and that's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel I am so happy for you! I can't believe I still haven't met Blake, but we'll have to make that happen sometime. You deserve to be in love and I'm so happy that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh! I need to call you one of these days and catch up. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. rachel, congratulations! we are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete