Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bonjour Bebe

Two important questions before I get into things:

1.  Why did I think that horizontal stripes would be a good look for pregnant-me on a night where there would be photographic evidence?

2.  How in the world do I always forget to take photos?

Now that that's out of the way...

Ashton (far left) and Meg (just to my right) threw me the loveliest baby shower while I was out in Utah.  Meg has a three year old and is due with her second daughter in a couple weeks, and Ashton has two little boys at home, so I was impressed and honored that they'd had the energy and wherewithal to plan and execute such a wonderful party.

Note: Rachel F. (far right) is pregnant with her 4th (!!) and is due in May.  Don't I have the most beautiful friends? Also, her husband surprised her at Christmas with tickets to come out to Utah the week of the shower, which was the most glorious gift to me.

While we ate the delicious food that Ashton and Meg has prepared (Dainty lemon cookies! An assortment of cheeses! Fruits, crackers, candies!  Be still my heart!), we spent the evening reminiscing about old times and telling funny stories from growing up.  I've known Ashton and Rachel since 4th grade and Meg since 9th grade, so there are all sorts of awkward and hilarious anecdotes we remember about each other.

I wish I had thought to get a picture with the whole group, but as I mentioned above, I just plain forgot. I'd like to blame it on the influence sudafed and antibiotics, or even pregnancy brain, but I think it's more just that I never remember such things.

The entire group was quite large and was comprised of friends from growing up, college roommates, friends from Paris study abroad, friends from DC who now live in Utah, my mom and aunt and grandmother, and the mothers of my childhood friends.

Not to be trite, but I felt so loved that evening.  It was wonderful to have all of the important women in my life there to celebrate with me.

I opened an almost embarrassing amount of gifts and was near tears all night from the overwhelming generosity of my friends and family.  I was proud of myself for keeping my emotions in check.  Maybe Baby is one lucky (not to mention, incredibly spoiled) little girl.


5 comments:

  1. Planning that shower was the best distraction from being pregnant. We were so happy to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still maintain that you are the best! It was such a wonderful shower and so beautifully done.

      Delete
  2. for some reason, i had the same idea about stripes during pregnancy. then strangers started asking if i was carrying twins. you, however, look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah. Stripes are one of those things that look great in the mirror at home, but then I go out or see myself in a picture and immediately feel like I'm two more months along that I really am :)

      Delete