Thursday, January 26, 2012

All framed up.

Ashton made me a set of truly beautiful note cards for my birthday a few years ago.  Each one has a custom designed fabric dress.  They were, quite simply, too beautiful to use as note cards (I didn't want to give them away!).

I'd been wanting to frame them for a long time, but knew that it would have to be custom and didn't want to spend the money.  Then the stars aligned (read: Michael's was having a 60% off custom framing sale and my Mom came into town and brought with her great ideas) and my long-awaited idea finally became a reality.

Now I've just got to figure out where to hang them.  Someday if we have a daughter I'll hang them in her room, but for now I am thinking of hanging them in the basement near Blake's framed matchbox car collection as as sort of masculine/feminine comparison. 

I'm absolutely smitten by them and couldn't be more thrilled to finally be able to showcase them in my home.

Thanks again, Ashton!

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! Ashton is amazing. I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lindsey- Seriously. Ashton has more creativity in her pinky than I do in my whole body.

    @Abby - Thanks! I'm really excited about them :)

    ReplyDelete