Friday, January 13, 2012

The A to your Q

Due to the overwhelming response to yesterday's challenge (italics dripping with sarcasm, of course) I thought I'd post the answer:

That beautiful gilded ceiling is found in The Warner Theater downtown Washington, D.C. 

I always love going in there because it feels much more like a palace you'd find three blocks from Notre Dame rather than a theater found three blocks away from the White House. Ornate ceilings are a lost art.

Blake and I saw The Nutcracker at the Warner just before Christmas.  It was glorious (though, admittedly, the male dancers make Blake too uncomfortable for him to thoroughly enjoy the show). I am hoping that we can make it a yearly tradition. Nothing feels quite so Christmas-y as the Nutcracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment