Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Zoo, Sock Monkey and Jimmer

Saturday we went to the zoo with Logan and Janelle, the entire touring population of the Midwest and smattering of hipsters in sock-less loafers. -

We had a good time cracking jokes about pandas, making up dialogue for the great cats, and discussing how the most entertaining animals to watch at the zoo were actually the tourists.  Then we sat in the parking lot for 45 minutes waiting to get out.  And Logan discussed how he'd tell off a certain Pennsylvania driver if there weren't women folk around.  Lets just say that I'm glad there were women folk around.

I think the highlight of my evening was watching the boys watch Jimmer and Blake's favorite sock monkey commericial:



Blake laughs so hard and so uncontrollably every time he sees this commercial that I can't help but giggle along. 

I think Janelle and I particularly needed a good laugh after being repeatedly beaten in Wii Mario Kart by our husbands.  I still maintain that there must have been some cheating going on.  Just you wait.  Some day Yoshi and Bowzer with prevail against Toad and Mini Mario.  And when that day comes, you can bet your sock monkey that there will be much cheering and gloating.

1 comment:

  1. Blake's reaction to that commercial was the highlight of the night.

    I demand a Wii rematch. Seriously, I demand it.

    ReplyDelete