Thursday, November 4, 2010

Poseur

I wanted my next post to be all about last weekend and our Halloween party and filled with fun photos.

But I'm sitting here with a ladder straddling my desk, looking up at a man in blue Dickie's, knee pads, and a blue Georgetown Law work shirt, getting lightly sprinkled with ceiling dust and wondering what workers comp really means and if I'll need it after he falls on me and maims both of us.

And I decided that I'd write now, skip the fun photos, fill it instead with run-on sentences and try to learn construction lingo like the following:

...We've got primary air coming through here...it's just not attached to the control box...

Yep, I can parrot with the best of them.

...So, there's no heating coils up here, I'm telling you.  You're gettin' whatever the duct's putting out. Does she have a thermostat in her room?  Well, then, there you go.  It's the AC.  It's out of control...

...Pinch that line.  Let's see if the damper moves...

...I'll look at this later.  I can't think about this right now...

That's how I feel.  You're straddling my desk with a ladder.  Isn't that bad luck for me, or at least for one of us?  Am I qualified to be one of you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment