Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Go Away

Today was just one of those days.

No reason in particular, just one of those days.

My stomach was upset and spent the day busily and loudly complaining to the world --ok, not the world, but at least my office.

And that all-too-familiar demon was back at it.

You know, those demons that whisper in your ear telling you "you can't"?

Mine has a very specific name and face, and time and place. And he won't go away. And on days like today, I feel like I am a perpetual can't.

But in a couple of minutes I'll get a text message that says "On my way home. Love you." And I'll remember that in the things that truly matter, I'll never be a failure. Because I've already won.

1 comment:

  1. What a charming post. I feel ya. It makes me so happy that you have found your one true love and the thought of him arriving home brings so much happiness to you. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete