I can't believe it's 2010 already. TWENTY-TEN. That makes me feel old. Almost as old as I feel when I say we're doing renovations on the house. I mean, buying a house is one thing, but doing renovations is a whole level altogether. I feel old. I also feel pudgy (I blame the delicious food I've been eating during the holidays and the fact that we've had to eat out all this past week as our kitchen is en-flux).
We rang in the new year by watching a movie, and the promptly going to bed at 12:05 a.m. See, I told you, I'm old. Actually, Blake was sick, and I was feeling about 80 years old after having painted for two straight days (like I said, painting involves a lot of PAIN). So, we had good excuses, I swear.
Anyhow, here's what I was doing for the last week of 2009 (plus a lot of Super Mario for Wii):
Painting the basement. It went from dirty knotty pine to divine in only 5 days. Since I took this picture, I've painted the floor boards and window wells a bright white, removed the tape, painted some furniture, and cleaned it all up. Now it's ready for our new exercise equipment. (Just in time...who wants to exercise in a dark and dreary cave?)
And for the icing on the cake: our new kitchen. It's not quite finished yet, but it's getting there. They're coming back tomorrow to install a new fan, change the placement of an electrical box, put in some small shelves and re-tile a portion of the floor. I couldn't be happier with the way it's turning out. I love it and can't wait to cook again. We currently have our microwave set up in the dining room, but it just isn't the same.
Renovations aside, as I look back on 2009, it's been a very eventful year:
* We got married in February.
* Spent a week in Mexico in March.
* Blake graduated in April.
* Celebrated both our birthdays in May.
* Blake took the bar in July.
* Spent almost two glorious weeks at the lake in August.
* Blake started at the DOJ in September.
* Closed on our house and found out that Blake passed the bar on the same day in November.
* Spent a week with my family in Utah for Thanksgiving.
* Held our annual ugly sweater and sub-for-santa Christmas party in December.
* Renovated the kitchen and basement in December.
* Were blessed with another baby nephew in December (number 8!)
* Spent a wonderful Christmas with Blake's family.
* Rang in the new year with a box of kleenex and a bigger box of cookies.
What a year for a new year. I'll say.