You know, I thought that I'd be much more prolific with my blogging when I quit my desk job. But, it turns out that sitting at a desk 9-10 hours a day is actually helpful in the blogging department. Now my days are filled with other projects (and the eternal morning sickness that just sucks all my energy and will to be productive), and I do a lot of my writing by hand or away from the intrigues of the internet. So, sitting down for some quality blogging time seems to happen less than I'd like.
The holidays always seem to be an especially busy time of year. And is it just me, or does the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas seem shorter every year? There's just so much to do, and so little time in which to do it.
So, in the interest of brevity, and due to my recent sniffly temperament, here's what we've been up to since I checked in last:
1. Pregnancy has made my sinuses stuffy in the general sense, so when I started getting stuffier last Sunday, I tried to play it off as a pregnancy symptom plus maybe a small cold. A couple days later I was at the Urgent Care at the request of my OB. Turns out I had a double ear infection and a sinus infection. That, coupled with nausea and nosebleeds made for a very interesting week where I did little else but sniff Vicks Vap-o-Rub and blow my nose. All I can say is thank goodness for antibiotics!
2. Bear and Blake were troopers throughout my self-imposed quarantine. Blake woke up extra early before work every day to take Bear on a long walk, and then took him on a long walk again (in the pitch black) when he got home. Bear, for his part, was very sweet to me all week, and spent most of his time in bed with me resting his chin on my feet.
3. I re-watched a couple of seasons of Gilmore Girls between nose blows. It made me nostalgic for college (when I watched the show the first time, Rory and I were at the same time of life and I felt a special kindred with her). Embarrassingly, Bear seemed to recognize the theme song by the end of the week. I swear he was rolling his eyes at me every time a new episode started. He's a cultured dog, but I guess he doesn't appreciate quality cinematic entertainment when he sees it.
4. We've started in on our traditional Christmas movie marathon. Every year we start with Love Actually on Thanksgiving, and proceed with Home Alone 1 & 2, Elf, Christmas Vacation, Fred Claus, and The Santa Clause (if I get my way - Blake hates that one). Blake also makes a list of all the good Christmas shows on TV and we set them up to record so we always have something Christmassy to watch. We're serious about our holiday entertainment around here.
5. We're working hard to get our house decorated in time for our annual Ugly Sweater Christmas party this weekend. Blake has held this party every year for 13 (or maybe 14?) years and it's one of our favorite Christmas traditions. Everyone seems to have a great time each year, and it's always a hoot explaining to half our friends that we- as boring Mormons- aren't going to have alcohol at the party. It's like a rite of passage for them, I think, surviving a Mormon party. Ha.
Add in laundry, keeping the house mud-free with a Bear on the lose, and attempting to keep our sanity through this hellish experience called pregnancy, and that just about sums it up. Here's to a happy and healthy holiday season filled with blogging and cheer.