Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Better After

The weather today is gorgeous, so after a long walk and lunch with Adrienne, I finished the touch ups on the chair.  Now it's dry and ready to be sat upon.  I'm loving the crisp, clean white (emphasis on clean).  I decided to add a blue plus sign on the back for fun, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it or if I like it better all white.  My spray painting finger is sore today, so for now it'll live to see another morning.  Who knows, maybe when I wake up tomorrow I'll be smitten with it.

I had been skeptical of painting pleather, but after I saw a similar chair that Jenny Komenda did, I took the plunge and bought two cans of Rustoleum multi-surface spray paint.  $6.00 and an hour or two later and I'm already enjoying the finished product.

Not too shabby for a garbage chair.  I only wish I had two (my neighbors had a pair, but kept the other one).  How great would a pair of these look tucked into a long, butcher block-topped desk?






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I need you around to help me be more decisive :). Move back to DC, please?

      Delete
  2. That chair is awesome! I really admire your talent for seeing the potential in trash...and then the talent to make it look like treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! You are too kind. I'm not very artistic, so furniture lets me use my creative side :)

      Delete