I wish I were more of a process-oriented person. But I'm not. I'm most definitely a project-oriented person. I mean, I'm all about the details, but nothing pleases me more than checking off an item from my to-do list. Some may call this OCD. I just call it being organized.
So when staring down Saturday's errand list, I saw not only chores, but sparkling opportunity for project completion:
- Have oil and other fluids changed in the car.
- Drop off dry cleaning and pants for hemming.
- Investigate the new Martha Stewart organizational line at Staples for possible office clutter solutions.
- Return cracked frame at Michael's.
- Peruse Tuesday Morning for deals and a long-sought-after pie server (it's the little things in life that please me the most...)
- Cash a check at the bank.
- Have new anniversary watch fitted at Macys.
- Grocery shop.
- Put together and install our new garden arbour.
I was tickled pink when we'd finished the entire list by 5:00 p.m. and still had time/energy for a movie and dinner with friends.
There's nothing better than a productive Saturday (especially one with beautiful weather and outdoor chores).