Monday, March 5, 2012

Project oriented

I wish I were more of a process-oriented person.  But I'm not.  I'm most definitely a project-oriented person.  I mean, I'm all about the details, but nothing pleases me more than checking off an item from my to-do list.  Some may call this OCD.  I just call it being organized.

So when staring down Saturday's errand list, I saw not only chores, but sparkling opportunity for project completion:

- Have oil and other fluids changed in the car.
- Drop off dry cleaning and pants for hemming.
- Investigate the new Martha Stewart organizational line at Staples for possible office clutter solutions.
- Return cracked frame at Michael's.
- Peruse Tuesday Morning for deals and a long-sought-after pie server (it's the little things in life that please me the most...)
- Cash a check at the bank.
- Have new anniversary watch fitted at Macys.
- Grocery shop.
- Put together and install our new garden arbour.

I was tickled pink when we'd finished the entire list by 5:00 p.m. and still had time/energy for a movie and dinner with friends. 

There's nothing better than a productive Saturday (especially one with beautiful weather and outdoor chores).

3 comments:

  1. seriously you are incredible! please rub your productiveness off on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you're way more productive. I did errands on Saturday. You had a baby. You win :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete