Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Knitters' Anonymous

On Wednesdays at work I go to Craft Circle at lunch with a few of my colleagues.

Some knit (that'd be me), some crochet, some talk, others have no choice but to listen.

Usually we have lengthy conversations about pets - especially a certain White German Shepard - and such novelties as snuggies, but today we had a lively discussion (read: argument) about the price of chicken and how to make chicken stock.  I mentioned how it was cheaper for me to buy a whole cooked chicken and use it for a week than it is for me to buy and cook refrigerated chicken breasts.  I got slammed. 

And the conversation ended in my flatly being informed that what I was arguing was like comparing navel oranges to tangerines. 

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I really love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment