Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tell that Mick he just made my list of things to do today.

Allie made me the most lovely hand-bound book for my birthday. It's long and skinny. For lists.

I have, therefore, decided on several lists to start. This is a list of lists:

1. Subjects to wiki. I am obsessed with wikipedia. I spend a lot of time reading about things that may or may not be useful to my self-education process. Lately I've read all about: Harry Reid, Qui Tam Litigation, Bob Jones College, Truman Capote, Harper Lee, Sylvia Plath, Stem Cell Research, University of Maryland and Analogical Modeling. I am now a wealth of useless knowledge.

2. Topics on which to blog. This list is perpetually in need of new additions. Luckily, fellow metro-ers provide me with many an entertaining story.

3. Books/Authors to read. This list, like a toddler, grows faster than I can keep up with. Right now I'm extremely interested in Tuman Capote and Sylvia Plath. Border-line obsession. I am systematically reading my way through their entire collections. Authors that I'm considering next: Dostoevsky and Balzac.

4. People to whom I'd like to give a piece of my mind. Self-explanatory. I've got opinions..ok?

5. Running tally of how many times I eat ice cream per day. You'd be surprised. I rate the success of a given day by how many times I was able to eat ice cream. Current favorite flavors of ice cream: World Class Chocolate (Baskin Robbins), Caramel Cone (Haagen Dazs), and Peanut Butter Galaxy (Maggie Moos).

6. Places to travel. Bottom line, I need to marry a sugar daddy. As long as he has a yacht I'm happy. To match my shoes, of course.

7. People for whom I still need to buy wedding/baby shower gifts. Having gone to BYU is very expensive in the springtime/summertime for me. I think everyone in the free world is getting married or pregnant right now. Just FYI all: you're getting a $5 spatula. and YOU WILL LIKE IT!

8. The Student Budget. List of things that I want to buy but can't now that school and debt are looming ahead. Paper-and-pen version of a slap on the wrist (thanks Ashton).


Hope this is what you had in mind for lists, Allie. You've inspired me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty obsessed with Dostoevsky, myself, so I could probably help you out on that front. Just let me know.

    Also, we should probably hang out sometime, since we live in the same city and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you guys should. And Thelma. Get on that.

    ReplyDelete