Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Crud

So far this year I've escaped the physical Christmas Crud (you know, that Christmas-time sickness that hits you when you're finally ready to relax?), but Blake wasn't so lucky. Poor guy.

We had a great Christmas.  Blake triumphed over "bad tummy" for a day of sub-zero skiing at the Canyons. We enjoyed lots of family time, lots of food, lots of treats (it wouldn't be a true family Christmas without the whole kitchen island covered in goodies), lots of Noosa (the family dog), lots of presents, lots of Wii, lots of cracking up at the mall while watching my Dad get accosted celebrity-style, lots of Band of Brothers, lots of catching up and lots of making up for lost time. 

I also enjoyed a stellar 7-pound love-handle gain (um, actually, no, I'm not sure on that one...I've been too scared to even step on the scale, I'm just going by touch here...), but that's a different story.

Sunday's plane ride was melancholy to say the least.  It's hard to leave family/vacation world and head back to real life.  Alas.  I drowned my sorrows in two and a half hours of a behind-the-scenes, making-of-harry-potter show on Delta's satellite TV offering.

Talk about Christmas Crud.  I've got it emotionally.  I'm not ready for Christmas to be over.  It's so fun to look forward to something so grand.  And now all I've got to look forward to is the possibility of new insulation in our second floor/attic spaces.  Geeze, that's boring.  Is it too early to bask in the distant glow of Christmas 2011?  Only 50 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment